In today’s fast-paced and ever-changing environment many individuals are expected to manage and lead others without position power. Companies that perform depend on Team Leaders, Project Leaders, and Work Coordinators more than ever. While Team Leaders may not have the power of management, they must possess the ability to effectively communicate, influence, set goals, manage time, and resolve conflict. They also need to be able to improve the efficiency of their team through diagnosing problems and effectively training others.
This interactive two-day program will help ensure that your team leaders are well prepared to perform at a high level. Through group discussions, exercises, role-plays and action planning, participants will develop the skills they need to succeed as team leaders, and better understand how to apply those skills to their specific workplace situations.
- Defining the difference between a lead and supervisor/manager
- Adopting a manager mindset through self-assessment
- Understanding the expectations of your boss, employees, peers and customers
- Identifying common pitfalls
- Learning 5 key strategies for overcoming the transition from peer to lead
- Pinpointing required techniques to take charge and be an effective leader
- Examining a structured approach to organizing & planning work
- Adapting a leadership style to fit the situation and audience
- Developing expectations and setting goals with employees
- Assessing performance, providing feedback and coaching
- Managing difficult employee behavior & conflict
- Understanding best practices for on-the-job training
- Exploring concepts of effective communication
- Gaining an overview of delegation techniques
Who Should Attend
- Individual Contributors who have to get work done through others without complete position power: Team Leaders, Project Leaders, Work Coordinators.
Group discount: Enter code TL102319 when registering 3 or more attendees to receive a 15% discount.
Day 1: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Day 2: Wednesday, October 30, 2019, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
King of Prussia, PA
234 Mall Boulevard
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406
Fee includes all training materials & catered lunch each day.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Certificate of Completion
Your cart is empty