Those who have experienced foot-in-mouth syndrome know it! Speaking when you shouldn’t, saying what should be left unsaid, or framing things in a way that is inappropriate are barriers for career success.
Yet, communicating with tact is truly an art, science and discipline. Knowing when and when not to say something is only a starting point. The choice of words, timing, tone and volume are all critical factors as well. To be effective when communicating takes great self-awareness, training, and the know-how to apply skills and techniques in work and life situations.
During this session we will look at word choice, nonverbal cues and more. Those attending will self-assess their own approach: What’s working? What’s not? The goal is to learn how to navigate work situations, build a high-quality personal brand, increase credibility, and improve the chance for greater career success.
- Examine perception; yours as well as those around you, and how it impacts communicating
- Explore key techniques to harness diplomacy and tact to build credibility
- Recognize how stress affects what you say and do
- Identify the “Top 5 Listening Skills” for effective communication
- Uncover roadblocks that get in the way of communicating with tact, and strategize techniques to overcome barriers
- Incorporate good listening skills into the mix
- Build an Action Plan to incorporate new skills back at work
Group discount: Enter code CD102120 when registering 3 or more attendees to receive a 15% discount.
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Live Online (login instructions will be emailed prior to the training)
Fee includes all training materials.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Certificate of Completion
Your cart is empty