As state and local governments ease restrictions, many businesses are beginning to reopen and must do so safely. Designating a Pandemic Safety Officer (PSO) can further that safety goal. The PSO is the individual designated by the business to provide information about how the employer is complying with health and safety orders and guidance. The PSO should be familiar with state and federal requirements and be able to provide workers on site with accurate, reliable information and guidance. While designation of a PSO is a requirement in Pennsylvania, employers outside of Pennsylvania should consider designating a PSO as the point person for health and safety issues related to COVID-19.
How can you get your PSO up to speed? Please join us for this 75 minute training designed to prepare your PSO to handle these new responsibilities, whether or not he/she has a health and safety background. Training will be presenting jointly by Compliance Management International Manager, Health & Safety Services Erin Rymsa and MEA Director of Legal and Compliance Amy McAndrew.
Topics covered during training include:
- An introduction to Covid-19, with a medical overview and basic responsibilities of the PSO
- Implementation of your Company’s policies regarding pandemic health and safety
- Protocol for employee reporting of COVID-19 symptoms
- Addressing employee conditions, including how to handle employee positive tests and employee refusal to comply with screening
- Recordkeeping requirements
- State specific information regarding Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and New York
Monday, June 22, 2020
1:00 PM - 2:15 PM
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Certificate of Completion
Your cart is empty